Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Monday, June 4, 2012

What Happens at a Zumbathon Party?

What's a  ZUMBATHON you ask?

Well, you're in luck.

I just happen to attend a Zumbathon party this past weekend.

First, these parties can sometimes be on the 'DL'.  Ya know, all secretive-like.  So you gotta be friends with the Zumba instructors in your area so you get the coveted invites.

When you arrive, you pay the cover fee and then  strut your bad self  walk the red carpet. Strike your best pose for the paparazzi.

It's best to channel your inner RuPaul for this opportunity.

Yes, there are straight men who Zumba.
And they're usually HOT  Latino men in muscle shirts.
Gifts from the baby Jesus indeed.
My Diva face
Who is this guy 'Heisman' and
why did he get to invent this pose?
I think that I've perfected it.
Shakin' our booties to some amazin' DJ skillz
Three hours later after gettin' my Zumba on, sweating buckets, and drinking 64 oz of water...this is what I looked like when sitting on the curb all classy like in front of the club.  
I'm smiling on the inside.
Totally worn out and I had a FABULOUS time.  I can't wait to go to my next Zumbathon party!

PS: Did you see the weight loss roll call that we did on Facebook this weekend? Amazing weight loss numbers from the banded, sleeved, and even folks losing weight with the usual methods.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! 3 hours of Zumba and you don't look like you nearly died. You are a machine! Did you ever think what an amazing role model you would be when you first started this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never in a million years...I still don't think I am a role model. LOL. I'm just doing what I need to be doing to be successful with the band :)

      Delete
  2. Holy Cow!!! That looks awesome!!!!! Glad you had so much fun ~ and horay for smokin' hot latino men doing zumba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot Latino men make everything better :)

      Delete
  3. that looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that looks amazing!!! Go get em girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love ZUMBA and that looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun and I love your post party serious face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this makes me laugh just thinking about it. I bet it was so much fun. No way you could do the elliptic-hell that long and this is such good exercise! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't taken a Zumba class! They have a ton at my gym, but I'm always either doing something else there, or something like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try sometime. Burns TONS of calories :) yay!

      Delete
  9. How fun!! I love Zumba.. I do the Zumba with the Curves for Women Circuit, but that looks like it would have kicked my butt! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously have to try Zumba. Just have to.

    ReplyDelete