Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"You Can't Half-Ass It"

Yep, those words were spoken by Twinkie* last night at my surgeon's Lap Band support group.

Remember Twinkie?  Go back and read this post from August of last year.

Well, Twinkie is officially ROCKING his band.  Yep.  He's proving to be the weight loss KING.

I know that he will be successful with his weight loss because, as he said, "you can't half-ass it" with the band.  You gotta work it.

He GETS it.  He really gets it.

I could see that look of determination on his face.  And to be honest, I wish that I could always see that look of determination on every bandster that I meet, but it's not always there.  I wonder why?

I wonder if I had that look on my face when I was early in my journey like Twinkie?

Do I still have that look of determination?

I hope so.



*Not his real name because that would be really weird and isn't Twinkie a name for a cute little puppy that looks like this? Seriously.  I want a bow in my hair like that.  I would wear it to Jazzercise.

5 comments:

  1. I am a people watcher at my Weight Watcher meetings too. Some of the people are just there for a short while because they made a New Year's resolution and their sole intent seems to be to get in as many treats as possible in a day. Of course, they are never happy with the results of their week when they weigh in and they shake their heads and say they don't understand even though you just heard them saying they ate ice cream and chips and other things that will slow them down. Weight Watchers never tells you that certain foods are off limits but they do give us lists of power foods that are really good for us. It's up to us to make the good decisions and half-assed eating will get you half-assed results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not agree with you more, you have to commit and many people have trouble with commitment of any kind. I think many weight loss surgery patients believe that the actual surgery itself is what will make the weight melt away.

    Sadly, even though we were all told differently before being banded, we don't hear it! We simply want to be LapBandGal right now!!!! The tiny little thing you have become that we see in pictures. They fail to recognize that it was HARD DAMN WORK that got you to your "happy place"!

    It is not just eating right, it is hitting the exercise and making your body MOVE like it has probably not done in decades and decades!

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the bow! I want that puppy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dahling, look in the rear view mirror, you have less than half the ass you had.. Awesome and inspiring always.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure you did!

    ReplyDelete