Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Friday, January 20, 2012

Weigh-in Day.... and What Went Down Yesterday (Literally)

Goal weight: 145 lbs

Today's weight: 141.2 lbs

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes yesterday.  I had an amazing birthday.

As you could probably guess, yesterday was like running a gauntlet of food and drink.  Nothing like a birthday to bring all those food pushers out of the woodwork.  And of course, all going down on the day before weigh-in day.  Good times.

The first hurdle? Italian food buffet including a catered lunch of pasta, bread, and cookies (not birthday related, but an employee appreciation luncheon). 

My inner fatty was jumping up and down with excitement.  PASTA! BREAD! COOKIES! Let the games begin.  I looked around for a protein choice, but alas, there was none.  So I ate some tortellini, lasagna, and three (!) white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (the large ones from Costco).  Chocolate's protein, right?  I was reee-donk-ulous!

Then my team gave me this cute little espresso chocolate mousse mug....all edible.  I wore that pink bow in my hair for the rest of the work day 'cuz that's how I roll.  I like to scare my coworkers.  Mission accomplished.
Then it was off to dinner for one of my favorites types of food. THAI!  Check out this lovely ginormous dish of Pad Thai. Yum!

 Then, my friends surprised me with a chocolate cake. They're sneaky like that.

What a great and memorable birthday! 

If you would like to see what happened after the candles and cake (the celebrations continued!), go check out Facebook for a photo.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were treated wonderfully on your birthday! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great birthday! I love the chocolate mousse cup, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked beautiful - such a great birthday for you! You deserve the purple ribbon in your hair, absolutely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! if anyone could have made it through that day without a sugar coma...you could. Awesome picture...you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That espresso mug is adorable! Hope you had a fab birthday...looks like you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!!!! I hope you had a fantabulous one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous day :) You are looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete