Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Lap Band is Going to London

And...

I get to go too.

I am so excited!

I can't remember if I ever told you or not, but London has a special place in my heart.

I first went to London in the Fall of '99 for a university semester abroad. I lived in London for over 3 months as a student and tourist. Since we only had classes three days a week, I had lots of fun exploring not just England, but enjoyed side trips to Scotland, Ireland, France, and Czech Republic.  I should dig up some of those photos to show you sometime.  I scrapbooked the entire experience in two large binders.

Anyways, this trip to London next month will be my fourth trip back to visit London since '99.  As the saying goes, "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life."

If you haven't figured out yet that I'm a lover of all things British, then let me remind you:
  • That one of my favorite movies is Love Actually and a close runner up is The Young Victoria.
  • My cat's name is Pemberley (of Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice").  
  • By the way, anybody else watching the new season of Downton Abbey on PBS?  Love it!
  • Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney character. "She's practically perfect in every way."
  • And of course, we can't leave out this British Hottie:

You're welcome, Ladies.

I am looking forward to catching up with friends, visiting the museums, shopping (!), minding the gap, and of course going to one of my ALL TIME favorite London things: Evensong at Westminster.

I can't wait!

Head over to Facebook to see a photo of me in London in 2007.  An excellent "before" photo!

24 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!! I hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trip sounds fantastic. We've been enjoying a new British series called Midsomer Murders. Each episode is movie length and we've watched 10 so far. It is made even better by all the lovely British scenery and settings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant the series was new to us. It's been on for 12 years I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! When are you going? I was really trying to concentrate on reading your blog, but kept getting distracted by this picture, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you, and somehow feel like I should make a banner and stand waiting for you at Heathrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didnt read your blog ~ still drooling over hottie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you. I also love P&P, love actually and Mary Poppins. I have not yet been to London, but it's definitely on my bucket list. Remember to take pics and have a great time. Why are you going anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I love London too...great city!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! You'll have to let us know how your experience is different now than it was back in school - and if you meet up with Mr. Hotness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Downton Abbey...and Jane Austen...and Mary Poppins....and most everything else you mentioned. :) Why are you going to London?

    ReplyDelete
  11. going for a fun trip....NOT business. YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealous! Hubby and I went to London 2 years ago, It was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! I love london! If you make it over to Paris during your trip, let me know! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just started watching Downton Abbey last night. Awesome! Have fun in London and say hi to David for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't forget to climb up to the top of St. Paul's to see a panoramic view of London. Once thing I didn't do when I was there and I regret it all the time. Have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read this but kept going back to Beckham's groinal region. Holy Hell. Ok I need to reread it again. I think you said something about going back to London?? ;) I adore it there as well. I lived in Cambridge on the Cam River for 3 months for a work project and I too adore heading back as often as possible. I am also a major Manchester United fan and used to go see Beckham when I could. So I need to go back and refocus on his groinal area. Seriously, Holy Hell!! Oi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun!! I am so packing myself in your suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How crazy fun is this? London! Beckham picture! Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great gift to yourself! Have a blast and can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a lucky lucky little band!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a great trip, nice eyecandy !!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOOHOO! Sounds amazing. I liked London when I was there. Have you been to Liverpool? I loved Liverpool. A friend of a friend took me on a Beatles tour and showed me all the sights. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky! Have a wonderful trip!

    My fella is watching (and loving) that show. I haven;t checked it out yet.

    ReplyDelete