Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Deepest Darkest Fantasies....

....happen at Starbucks these days.


Did you know that while I wait in line to order my morning coffee, I have a staring match with that damn case of baked goods.  I usually start making deals with myself.  More like deals with the Devil. My internal dialogue of fantasies goes something like this:

"You could eat that croissant and then skip lunch. No biggie!"

OR

"You will totally burn off the calories in that chocolate donut at Zumba tonight. Go ahead, get it."

OR

"You could eat that muffin on the way to work in the car and it will be like it never happened."

Yep, these are the crazytown thoughts that go through my head.

But do you know what actually happens in reality? 

I order my Grande Skinny Caramel Latte and leave Starbucks with no donut, croissant, or muffin.  Sigh.

16 comments:

  1. Good girl! They ain't kidding when they call it Devils Food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepest darkest fantasy.. We gotta get you thinking like a hot skinny chick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 19, 2011

    OMG! I can so relate. However, I have found a new fovorite drink.....Iced skinny caramel machiato....about 90 calories, yum! Good girl walking away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how good do they look! They are not doing themselves any favours by posting the calories-do they have to do that by law?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go (screams your cheerleader !). Skinny Carmel Latte ... I'll try to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those same internal conversations in the grocery store when I want to purchase a half gallon of ice cream and am trying to convince myself that "this time" I can eat it sparingly. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha and ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds amazing, the grande skinny caramel latte, anyway. :) Might have to make a trip to Starbucks today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had this problem, too - so I started going through the drive-thru where I couldn't see all those pastries!

    It works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job resisting temptation like that. I wonder how much their sales have slowed since putting calories on the pastry items?

    Way to keep rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do the same type of thinking when I see something oh so delcious! Especially the "I can eat it and no one has to know about it" I try to use that one a lot but I just tell my inner fat girl to shut up I am not eating it and move on. I wish those stupid temptations would go away!
    Isn't it insane how one tiny little donut can pack so many calories?

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is quite a resolve! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. they really do look soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJuly 19, 2011

    Just the picture of that donut is enough to make me want to cry. I cna't imagine being in the actually room with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Starbucks pastries are so ridiculous in calories. I LOVE the skinny drinks though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay I admit it. Sometimes I DO have a donut. I take 2 bites and throw the rest out. 75 calories. Not bad, not good, but sometimes nothing else will do. Kudos to your willpower!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that is will power baby!!!

    ReplyDelete