Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Letter To My Brain

Dear Brain,

Are you slow on the uptake?  Did you not get the memo? Are you a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal?  Is the hamster dead, yet the wheel is still spinning?

Can you please, please, please update your mental image of how I look now? 

It's time to catch up and realize that I now look like this:


You do know that I don't look like this anymore, but seriously...I think you are still about 50 lbs behind:

So, Brain, get yourself with the program...time to update!

Your Friend,
Lap Band Gal

13 comments:

  1. You look wonderful... time for that brain to get the message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In total agreement with Ms. M! I've thought a lot about you saying your confidence was MIA. In my mind, it took exceptional confidence to accept the invitation in San Francisco, jump on a plane and go there AND give a presentation. I would love to have confidence like that. You are really doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it just takes time. As Caron said above, you are already at least outwardly making these mental changes. It really took a lot of gumption to be a patient representative in San Fran! You'll get there dear. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same...I hope my brain will catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a few fries short of a happy meal is not a bad thing. You represent all of bandsters so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hoping it will happen. I think there are good days and bad ones with the old brain.

    Would we have been as big as we were before if we were a good judge? I kind of think not.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, and you do look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great! Its absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I think that is the hardest thing to do .. to actually see the weight loss!

    We all need to send that letter to our brains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look FANTASTIC!!! Keep up the amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a cutie patootey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Hope your brain gets there soon -- you look too great for your brain not to get to enjoy knowing that all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete