Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting "stuck"

I am super scared of getting "stuck" or "PBing". Luckily it hasn't happened to me...yet. Knock on wood! I have read a few of your blogs about the "stuck experience" and "Sliming" -- you guys make it sound really painful.

I chew, chew, chew. And I eat super slow. I also haven't eaten bread, rice, or pasta since before surgery....known culprits for getting stuck.

Now that I have good restriction with 6cc's in my 10cc band, this is one of the random things I think about....and stress about.

PS: tomorrow is weigh-in day..

8 comments:

  1. Hey, those are excellent choices you are making - cutting out all the no-no's. The PB'ing is really not as bad as it sounds - just a bit yuck lol The stuck feeling on the other hand.. avoid at all costs. That's NOT fun! Keep doing what you're doing and you will lessen those chances to almost nothing. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree, I have never PB'D or slimmed, but I have been Stuck a couple of times. Luckily, my episodes were for only about 15-30 minutes, but they WERE PAINFUL!!

    Keep doing what you are doing, sounds like you have it all under control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your weigh in...and keep chewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had enough restriction as of yet to worry about getting stuck. I hope that is something I can avoid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely keep doing what you're doing! Sounds like you're following all of the rules really well. I have never pb'd - well at least not after surgery, I have pb'd before pre-surgery when I ate way too much food, just didn't realize it was pb'ing! I have slimed and had the stuck feeling and while it sucks, for me both have not lasted long. If it does happen to you, I find that stretching and walking around helps and that sitting or laying down is the worse thing I can do! Good luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choices you are making to avoid the sliming/PB incidents. It is never pleasant. I have not had a full-on PB where the food comes back up, but I have had some major sliming and stuck - on pasta and a bite of a sandwich.

    Still, its not the worst thing that could happen - if anything, it is a powerful reminder to slow down and chew and avoid the things you listed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 11, 2011

    What does PB stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It stands for productive burp. When food won't go down and has to come back up

    ReplyDelete